Press & Media
Sapha Burnell (Advocate, National Council TWUC 2016-2017) is available throughout Western Canada & the United States for readings of her poetry, speculative fiction & as a lecturer on increasing diversity in Canadian literature, comparative mythology, Beowulf, Taekwondo & self defence, and social media for creative professionals.
For radio, tv, blog, webcam interviews, readings, speaking engagements & to contact Sapha for live events, please email: saphaburnell [at] icloud [dot] com or call 604.866.4414 and ask for Sapha.
February 15th - Online Book Launch for Son of Abel
Online - Join Sapha online for a live video-feed event celebrating her new magic realism novella Son of Abel. Sapha will be taking questions, doing a live reading & simulcasting on Facebook, Goodreads, Twitter, YouTube and Google Hangouts. Keep checking in for info.
February 17th - Son of Abel Book Launch
Vancouver, BC TBA - Sapha is launching Son of Abel with a bang in the Vancouver, BC! Join Sapha for her launch, hear her read and get a signed copy of Son of Abel.
February 18th - Son of Abel Book Party
Pitt Meadows, BC - The Fraser Valley is getting its' own Son of Abel launch party! Come out to the JIA Cafe in Osprey Village, Pitt Meadows for bubble tea, coffee, desserts & an adventurous night with Sapha Burnell. Pre-Sale Tickets include an exclusive private reception Meet & Greet with Sapha.
Tickets On Sale at Vraeyda Media Inc's Square Store & include a signed copy of Son of Abel.
May 2nd - Tellers of Short Tales
Renaissance Books, New West, BC - Sapha is headlining May 2nd's Tellers of Short Tales hosted by the Royal City Literary Arts Society. Come see Sapha read a selection of short stories and get curious at the Q & A. The program is free, come check us out, and prepare to purchase Sapha's latest.
June 1 - 3rd - The Writers' Union of Canada AGM & On Words Conference
Vancouver, BC - The Writers' Union of Canada is hosting their annual general meeting & On Words Conference in Vancouver, BC. Sapha will be there as a National Council member & author.
- 1996 Published first poem "Lullaby" in Poetry Anthology at the age of 11.
- 1998 Published second poem "Icarus"
- 2005 Won Horizons Award for Best Villain, Best Characterization, Best Dialogue & Best Comedic Moment
- 2006 Won Horizons Award for Best Duel, Best Villain, Best Protagonist & Best Comedic Moment
- 2007 Published "Generosus" in [ S P A C E S ] Literary Journal
- 2010 Assistant Instructor of Self Defence for Women at a Liberal Arts University
- 2011 Assistant Instructor of Self Defence for Women & Martial Arts for Men at a Liberal Arts University
- 2013 Won Trainee Instructor of the Year Award for Region 119C (WTTU)
- 2014 Published "Rust" in MacroMicroCosm Literary & Art Journal
- 2014 Published Usurper Kings Poetry Collection with Vraeyda Literary
- 2014 Published "Hedonism Wholesale Inc Part 1" in MacroMicroCosm Literary & Art Journal
- 2014 Joined The Writer's Union of Canada
- 2015 Published "Madonna", "Gentle Rage", "Chaos Machines & the Universe Child", "Eve & the Other"
- 2016 Published "Spellbound", Began "Son of Abel" serial in MacroMicroCosm Literary & Art Journal
- 2016 Workshop Speaker: Maneuvering the Media Ocean: Social Media for Authors
- 2016 The Writer's Union of Canada elected Sapha as a National Council Advocate at their 2016 AGM.
- 2017 Published Son of Abel magic realism novella with Vraeyda Literary.